To make spicy brown sugar sauce:
- ⅓ cup hot sauce
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a metal cooling rack on top if you have one (it can work without, too).
- To make spicy brown sugar sauce:
- Heat up hot sauce, brown sugar and water in a sauce pot until all the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1 1/2-inch x 5-inch strips or in 48 (1 1/2-inch cubes)
- Soak the chicken in the buttermilk. Mix the panko, cornmeal, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl. Remove the chicken one piece at a time, let the buttermilk drip off, and gently press into the panko cornmeal mixture until coated with crumbs. Place the chicken on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. At 10 minutes, flip each piece and bake for another 10 minutes (so total bake time for the chicken is about 20 minutes)
- When the chicken is done, dip each piece in the sauce and return to the baking sheet. Bake another 5 minutes, re-dip for one last sauce love, and let rest for a minute or two. Serve over rice, with extra sauce.
Source: Layers Of Happiness
Share It To Your Friends!