SKINNY HONEY LEMON CHICKEN INGREDIENTS:
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless (raw) chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (if making this gluten-free, be sure to use GF soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Honey Lemon Sauce (see below)
- optional toppings: toasted sesame seeds, thinly-sliced green onions, extra lemon zest, lemon slices
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey (or more/less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- zest of 1 lemon
- pinch of ground ginger
- (optional: sriracha, for heat) *edited*
- Combine the chicken, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar to a large ziplock bag, and toss until the chicken is evenly coated. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, drain and transfer it to a separate plate. Season the chicken on both sides with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper. And in a separate bowl, whisk the honey lemon sauce ingredients together until combined.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and saute for 5-7 minutes or until it is cooked through and no longer pink inside, stirring and turning the chicken occasionally for even cooking. Transfer the chicken to a separate (clean) plate with a slotted spoon.
- Pour the (whisked) honey lemon sauce into the empty saute pan. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce reaches a low boil and thickens. Add in some sriracha if you would like for extra heat, to taste. (Feel free to also season with extra salt and pepper, or extra honey or lemon.)
- Add the chicken back into the pan and toss until it is evenly coated with the sauce. Remove from heat and serve the chicken immediately, topped with optional toppings if desired.
Source: Gimme Some Oven
Share It To Your Friends!