- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken stock
- 8 shrimp wontons (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp hot chilli sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 shallot
- 1 small garlic clove
- sesame seeds
- Let the wontons thaw if you bought frozen ones. Peel and chop the shallot and the garlic clove. Add them to a medium saucepan together with half of the sesame oil and the grated ginger.
- Place the pan over medium heat and let the shallot and garlic gently fry in the oil for 6 minutes until cooked. Stir regularly. If the shallots start to burn, add a splash of water and stir well.
- Then pour in the chicken stock and add the soy sauce. Also add the fish sauce, the hot chili sauce, lime juice and the tomato paste.
- Stir the soup well and bring it to a good boil. Check the seasoning and add extra chili sauce, fish sauce or lime juice to taste if necessary. Then add the shrimp wontons to the soup.
- Turn het heat lower and let the wontons poach in the soup for 3 minutes or until cooked through. Scoop the soup and wontons into bowls. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, drizzle with the remaining sesame oil and serve hot.
Source: Simple Tasty Good
Share It To Your Friends!