- 500 gr shrimp, cleaned
- 150 gr pumpkin, cut into medium size cubes
- handful spinach, coarsely chopped
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 in. ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 green chilies, halved lengthwise (you can remove seeds to reduce the spiciness)
- 10 curry leaves (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 200 ml water
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Heat some oil in a pot and first fry the mustard and cumin seeds until the mustard seeds start popping.
- Next, add the curry leaves, ginger, chilies and onion and fry on a medium flame until the onion softens and becomes translucent.
- Add turmeric powder, salt to taste and pumpkin cubes, mix it well and fry for another minute.
- Pour coconut milk and water, bring it to a boil and cook until the pumpkin softens. Stir occasionally.
- Finally, add the shrimp and spinach, mix it and cook for up to 5 minutes or until shrimp is cooked. Add one teaspoon of vinegar and mix it well, taste for salt.
- Serve it over rice or with white bread.
Source: Half Hour Meals
Share It To Your Friends!