- 1 duck about 5 lb.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5-6 Garlic cloves; crushed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove the giblets and neck, then rinse the duck and pat dry. Set the neck aside for making broth with the bones later. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, some salt and black pepper and crushed garlic. Rub the mayonnaise mixture inside and outside the duck. Place in a bowl, cover with plastic and let it marinate in the refrigerator overnight. When you are ready to bake, place the duck on a rack in a roasting pan. Cover with the aluminum foil or place it in the oven bag and roast the duckling for about two hours at 325 degrees, then raise the oven temperature to 375 degrees and continue cooking for about 30 more minutes or until done. The duck is done when the breast skin is browned, the skin around the legs is beginning to pull away from the bone, and the juices are no longer pink or red.
- Serve with mashed potato or your favorite side dish.
Share It To Your Friends!