- 4 6-ounce fresh salmon filets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs (gluten free, use GF Panko Breadcrumbs)
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon oil for frying (add more as needed)
- For the Bacon Fat Maple Glaze:
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (not pure maple syrup, we want the added sweetness)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly sprinkle the salmon filets with salt and pepper.
- Combine the panko breadcrumbs, pecans and parsley in a bowl and spread the mixture out on a flat wide plate. Roll each salmon filet in the mixture and sprinkle some extra on top. Spray each filet with some olive oil.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the filets on each side for 1-2 minutes, starting with the skin side up.
- Transfer the filets to a baking dish and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until done.
- While the salmon is baking make the glaze: Melt the bacon fat in a small saucepan followed by the maple syrup. Simmer for about 2 minutes, be careful not to let it burn.
- Serve the salmon immediately drizzled with some of the glaze and garnished with some fresh parsley and toasted pecans.
Source: The Daring Gourmet
Share It To Your Friends!