- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic - finely chopped
- 1 medium Onion - finely chopped
- 1 fresh Bay Leave (I use 2 dried bay leaves)
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh Thyme (I use 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme)
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Celery Stalk - finely diced (I replace with Long Bean)
- 1 cup Short Grain Rice - washed and drained
- 1 red Capsicum / Bell Pepper - finely sliced
- 1 cup frozen Green Peas
- 1 cup Tomato Puree/Paste
- 1 cup Chicken/Seafood Stock (I use Water)
- 1 teaspoon Saffron strands
- 200g mixture of Fish Fillets, Squid, Prawns and Clam/Mussels
- 100g Chicken Breast
- Salt & cracked Black Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped Parsley - garnish
- Lemon Wedges to serve
- Heat oil in a saucepan and saute garlic, onions, bay leaves and thyme until fragrant.
- Add paprika and celery and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add rice and stir for 2 minutes
- Add the capsicum (bell pepper), green peas, tomato paste, stock, saffron, seafood, chicken, salt and pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover pan with pan cover or aluminium foil and cook on low heat until liquid is absorbed and rice is cook. Remove pan from heat and let it sit for 5 minutes to absorb remaining broth.
- Just before serving, garnish with parsley and squeeze of lemon juice.
Source: Just As Delish
Share It To Your Friends!