- 8 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 130 g / 4 slices bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- 227 g / 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 cup white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken brth
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 350F. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large ovenproof pan over medium high heat. Add oil, sear chicken skin side down for 6-8 minutes, flip and cook another 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add bacon, cook 3 minutes, add onion and cook an additional 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms and cabbage, cook another 4 minutes. Add cider vinegar, mustard and white beans.
- Cover with chicken stock, stir in thyme and bay leaves. Place chicken on top, and transfer to oven.
- Roast, uncovered for 40 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked and liquid has reduced.
- Remove bay leaves and serve immediately.
Source: Living Lou
Share It To Your Friends!