- 2 Lbs. Soup Bones
- 1 Large Onion Whole, Skinned and Pierced in several places
- 12 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 4 Cloves of Garlic Skinned
- 1 Bay leaf (*Laurel leaf)
- 2 Large Carrots
- 3 Bunches of Bok-choy (*Pechay)
- 4 Pieces of Napa Cabbage or regular Cabbage
- 5 Potatoes, Peeled and Quartered
- 2 Beef Bouillon (optional)
- 1 Tbs. Salt
- 1 Tbs. MSG (optional)
- Wash the soup bones and place them in the pot. Cover with water and add the salt. Bring it to a boil and remove the scum, then add the whole onion, Bay leaf, Peppercorns, Garlic, and MSG. Reduce heat to medium low and let it simmer for 35 minutes. After the meat is tender, remove the meat and set it aside in a covered dish. In the stock, add the Carrots and let it cook for 8 minutes.
- Then add the potatoes and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Make sure you check for doneness. You might have to let it cook a little bit longer depending on the size of the potatoes. Next add the Napa Cabbage and cook for 2 minutes and then add the Bok-choy and let it cook for another 3 minutes. Arrange the soup bones in the platter or to an individual serving bowl. Pour the stock and arrange the vegetables on the top of the platter.
- Serve with White steamed rice with Patis and Calamansi for dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Source: Filipino Food Lovers
Share It To Your Friends!