- 10 pieces of raw eggs
- 1 big can of condensed milk
- 1 big can of evaporated milk
- ¾ cups of granulated sugar
- 15 g of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup water
How to prepare the custard:
- Only the eggs yolks will be used in this recipe. So, using all 10 eggs, separate the white from the yolks.
- Place the egg yolks in a mixing bowl. Beat it well.
- Pour the condensed milk to the bowl, mix.
- Add the evaporated milk and vanilla and thoroughly mix.
How to prepare the caramelized syrup:
- l In a pan, dissolve the sugar in medium heat, add the water. Do not stir, just gently swirl the pan and allow it to caramelized in low heat. To achieved that sweeter syrup, prevent the sugar from getting burn. Have a pale brown caramel. Too dark signifies that your sugar will tastes bitter instead of sweet. If syrup is set, pour it in the lyanera. Assure that you evenly coat the moulder with syrup.
How to cook:
- Pour the prepared custard to the lyanera with syrup. Cover the moulder with aluminum foil.
- Steam for 15-30 minutes.
- Remove from the steamer and allow it to cool at room temperature.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Serve, share and enjoy!
Source: Filipino Food Online
Share It To Your Friends!