- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes
- 6 6-oz bags shirataki noodles
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 8-10 dried red chiles, adjust to taste
- 6 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, julienne
- 1/4 c unsalted peanuts
- 2 green onions, green parts, finely chopped
- 2 tbs low sodium soy sauce (gluten-free if preferred)
- 1 tbs dry sherry
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- 6 tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs sherry
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs hoisen sauce
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs cornstrach
- 2 tsp szechuan peppercorns, ground
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Add cubed chicken breast and let sit at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse shirataki noodles and boil in a large pot for 1-2 minutes to remove packing liquid odor. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk together sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat a large wok or skillet over high heat. Turn on the vent because this will get smoky. Swirl the vegetable oil to coat the pan and add the chilies. Stir fry until the chilies begin to show brown spots, about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add the mushrooms, peppers, and chicken, discarding excess marinade. Cook until chicken is browned, about 3-5 more minutes.
- Stir in the sauce and peanuts and cook another 1-2 minutes until sauce is thickened.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.
Source: Home Sweet Jones
Share It To Your Friends!