- 4 pounhds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 chayote squash, cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, minced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 Scotch bonnet or habanero chile, slit in half lengthwise
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Combine chicken, lime juice, and 1 tablespoon curry powder in a large bowl, and toss to combine; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight. Heat oil in a 6-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and working in batches, add to pot, and cook, stirring, until golden brown all over, about 8 minutes. Transfer chicken to bowl with marinade, and set aside.
- Add remaining curry powder, the allspice, garlic, scallions, thyme, carrots, chayote, potato, and ginger, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly caramelized, about 6 minutes.
- Add chicken and any remaining marinade to pot along with coconut milk and chile, and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened, about 40 minutes; serve over rice.
Source: Key Ingredient
Share It To Your Friends!