- 1/2 cup (160ml) honey
- 1/2 cup (125ml) soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, peeled
- optional: 2-3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 8 (about 3 1/2 pounds, 1.6kg) skin-on chicken thighs
- Mix the honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic and fish sauce (if using) in a sturdy zip-top freezer bag. Add the thighs, expel most of the air, and seal the top. Massage the chicken in the marinade and refrigerate overnight, turning the bag a few times to assure the chicken is well-marinated on all sides.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Arrange the thighs skin side down, in a single layer in a baking dish, and pour the sauce over them. Cover the pan tightly with foil (or using the lid), and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, turn the temperature of the oven up to 375ºF (190ºC), and flip the thighs over, so they are skin side up. Continue to bake the chicken uncovered for 20-30 minutes, until the sauce is a thickened to about the consistency of warm maple syrup.
- Serve the thighs with steamed rice or vegetables, such as broccolini, broccoli, snow peas, green beans, buckwheat noodles (cold or hot), garnished with sliced scallions, if desired.
Source: David Lebovitz
Share It To Your Friends!