- 1 1/2 cups roasted cashews
- 1 cup raw unsweetened coconut
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted grass feed butter, ghee, or coconut oil
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter (make sure it is no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (or 1 cup cream + 1 cup plain greek yogurt)
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or milk of choice
- chopped nuts, for topping
- In a food processor, combine the cashews, coconut, and cacao powder and pulse until finely chopped and combined. Add the butter and pulse until the crust is moist. The dough should stick together when squeezed into a ball with your hands.
- Press the crust into an 8-9 inch tart pan, using your finger to press the dough up the sides. Place the pan in the freezer and freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. In a food processor, combine the peanut butter, dates, and vanilla and pulse until completely smooth and creamy.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the cream until stiff peak form. Gently fold the whipped cream (and greek yogurt if using half and half) into the peanut butter mix until no streaks remain. Remove the tart pan from the freezer and spread the filling inside. Place in the freezer.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate and milk on 30 second intervals stirring after each, until melted and smooth. Spread the chocolate over the peanut butter layer. Cover and freeze until firm, about 1-2 hours. Let the pie sit 10 minutes before serving. Top as desired. Enjoy!
Source: Half Baked Harvest
Share It To Your Friends!