- 1 lb frog legs, approximately 8 pairs, separated
- 2 cups peeled, deseeded, and sliced green papaya
- 5 cups Chicken Stock
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup rice wine
- ¼ cup lycium dried berries
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small bunch watercress, washed with woody stems removed
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into 2inch pieces
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan (3 to 4 quarts/liters) over medium-high heat.
- Dredge the frog legs in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- When the pan is hot, place the frog legs in the pan and sear for 3 to 4 minutes per side until the meat is well browned.
- Once all the frog legs are seared, return them to the pan and add the rice wine, scraping off any caramelized bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the ginger, lemongrass, and chicken broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the green papaya, lycium, fish sauce, and pepper.
- Simmer another 5 minutes until the green papaya is tender. Turn off the heat and stir in the watercress.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve hot.
Source: Kusina 101
Share It To Your Friends!