For The Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness
- ½ cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small head romaine lettuce
- Parmesan cheese for garnish, either shaved slices or grated
- Place all dressing ingredients in a jar, close the lid tightly and shake until everything is well combined.
- Whirl the bread slices in a food processor until they are crumbs.
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a large deep skillet. Add breadcrumbs and a pinch of salt and stir until they are golden and crispy. Pour the breadcrumbs into a small bowl.
- Put the flour in shallow bowl and stir in a pinch each of salt and pepper. Put the beaten egg in another bowl.
- Dip the chicken breasts into the flour, then the egg, then back into the flour.
- Put the canola oil and butter into the skillet and melt over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is cooking, toss the chopped lettuce with the dressing, adding a little dressing to start and then increasing it to your taste.
- Place the chicken breasts on a platter or individual plates. Top with the lettuce, then the parmesan cheese, then a sprinkle of breadcrumbs.
Source: Framed Cooks
Share It To Your Friends!