- 2 whole Chicken Legs - cut in half
- 3 tablespoon light Soy Sauce or low sodium Soy Sauce (use Tamari for gluten free option)
- 3 cloves Garlic - mashed
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 3 pieces dried Bay Leaves
- 12-15 whole Black Peppercorns (give about 3 per piece of chicken)
- 2 tablespoons Vinegar (I use Rice Vinegar)
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, chicken in a large pot or container, and marinate for at least 1 hour, but if you have the time let it marinate overnight.
- Heat the oil in a large pan on medium heat. Place the chicken on the pan and brown on all sides for about 2 minutes per side. The oil will splatter a bit, so it’s better have a cover or splatter guard at the ready.
- Once both sides of chicken pieces are browned, pour in the remaining marinade of soy sauce and garlic, water, bay leaves and peppercorns into the pan. Bring to a boil. Taste and adjust by adding more water if needed. Switch the heat to medium-low to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Do not let it come to a hard boil.
- After 30 minutes, stir in vinegar and simmer for another 10 minutes, or until chicken pieces are tender.
- Serve hot with rice.
Source: Just As Delish
Share It To Your Friends!