- 4 Jumbo Raw Shrimps, Also called prawn
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 50 milliliters Water
- 1 cup Panko BreadcrumbsFor the Sauce:
- 1/2 Onion
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Dashi Stock
- 1 tablespoon Mirin
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce, Usukuchi, a.k.a. light soy sauce, preferredFor Serving:
- 3 cups Cooked Rice
- Remove the shell and deveining the prawn
- Mix the egg, flour, water and mayonnaise in a small bowl to make a batter
- Coat each prawn into the batter then place into the panko crumbs and coat.
- Heat frying oil in a deep frying pan to 350°F.
- Fry prepared prawn till crispy and golden brown on both side and set aside.
- Slice the onion thinly.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- Pour Dashi stock in a shallow frying pan and bring it to boil over high heat.
- Add sliced onion and turn the heat down to medium.
- Add Mirin, Sugar and Soy sauce and cook it for a few minutes till the onion is cooked.
- Place the Ebikatsu (a.k.a. fried shrimp) in the saucepan with the sauce, and pour the eggs over them.
- Cook further for couple of minutes until the eggs are half cooked and slightly runny.
- Remove from heat and serve over two bowls of rice.
Source: Food Fanatic
Share It To Your Friends!