- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, trimmed, boned, and skin slashed Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 2 Tbsp. mirin or white wine
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Place oven rack about 8 inches from heat source; Turn oven on broiler.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper;
- Place thighs skin side up on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet fitted with flat wire rack, tuck exposed meat under skin and lightly flatter thighs to have even thickness.
- Broil until skin is crisp and golden brown and thickest parts of thighs register 175 degrees on instant-read thermometer, 13- 15 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking time for even cooking.
- While chicken is cooking, combine soy sauce, sugar, ginger, and garlic in small saucepan; stir together mirin and cornstarch in small bowl until no lumps remain, and then stir mirin mixture into saucepan. Bring sauce to boil over medium-low, stirring occasionally until sauce forms syrupy glaze, about 2-3 minutes. Cover to keep warm.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board; let rest for few minutes. Cut meat crosswise into strips. Place chicken to serving platter and drizzle with the teriyaki sauce. Serve immediately with extra sauce on the side.
Share It To Your Friends!