- 6-8 pound boneless, flat cut beef brisket
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried mustard
- 2 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- **Wood Chips
- In a small bowl, mix the salt, brown sugar, & all remaining spices except the minced garlic until well combined.
- Rub the spice blend over the entire surface of the brisket
- Top with minced garlic
- Soak your wood chips
- Get your charcoal going in a chimney first
- Once the heat gets into the smoking zone - 250-300 degrees - it's time to add your brisket & wood chips to the smoker
- Cover & leave it! Now focus on temperature control. Try to keep your smoker at 230-275 degrees. Watch for about 6 hours.
- The ideal temperature of a properly smoked brisket is 195°F (keep in mind that the internal temp of the brisket can increase by 10 degrees even after it’s been removed from the grill.)
- Stick a small fork in the brisket, and if it twists easily in the meat, it’s done.
Source: Kleinworth And Co
Share It To Your Friends!