For dry rub
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
For steak and salsa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for grill
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 pound flank steak
- For the dry rub, combine the sugar and spices in a small bowl.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat and oil the grates. Grill the corn, turning occasionally, until lightly charred, about 8-10 minutes. Let the corn cool before cutting the kernels from the cobs and transferring to a medium bowl. Stir in the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Coat the entire steak in the dry rub drizzling with olive oil to help it stick. Grill the steak 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting into thin slices against the grain. Top with salsa before serving.
Source: Last Ingredient
Share It To Your Friends!