- – canola oil
- – 1~2 onions, cut into bite sized pieces
- – 2 carrots, cut into bite sized pieces
- – 2 “abura-age” sheets, cut into stripes
- – salt and pepper
- – 5~6 cups water
- – Dashi Kombu (Japanese dried kombu seaweed)
- – 2~3 tablespoons cane sugar
- – 4/1~1/2 cup soy sauce
- – 1~3 tablespoons curry powder
- – dark roux (1:1 flour/canola oil (about 1/4~1/3 cup each) cooked over medium heat until dark)
- udon noodle, cooked
- chopped scallion
- Make curry soup. Sautee onions, carrots, and abura-age in oil. Salt and pepper.
- Add water and Dashi Kombu. Boil and then turn down to low heat. Cook until all the vegetables are cooked through.
- Add sugar, soy sauce, curry powder, and roux. Mix well. Salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with cooked udon and chopped scallion.
Source: Culinary Tribune
Share It To Your Friends!