- 10 mediumIdaho potatoes; peeled
- 8 ozpkg diced ham, or cut your own
- 1/2 cchopped onion
- 1 can(s)Campbell's cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup, light
- 1 /2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tspdry mustard and white pepper
KICKED UP CREAMY VERSION
- 2 Tbspbutter or margarine
- 4 Tbspflour
- 1 can(s)fat free evaporated milk
- 1-1 1/2 cshredded swiss cheese
- paprika, just a sprinkle
- Regular version: In a large bowl mix the two soups and feel free to add a tiny splash of milk, then add the onion, hams and seasonings. Slice the potatoes in half and then into slices; add to soup and mix well. Put into the crock pot, and add a sprinkle of paprika. Cook on high 4 hours or low 7-8 hours. Sprinkle the cheddar on top during last 10 min.
- Kicked Up version: Place peeled potatoes in a bowl of water. Melt the butter over med-high heat, cook and stir a few mins. Then whisk in the flour and stir. Add 1 cup of the evaporated milk and stir over med-high heat until bubbly and thickened; you may need the whole can.
- Stir in the cheddar soup, Swiss and cheddar cheese and seasonings, stir till melted and creamy. (You will not use the mushroom soup in this version :)
- Slice potatoes in half and then into slices. Place in a large bowl, along with onions and ham; mix well. Place in crock pot and cook the same as regular version. Let stand 10 min prior to serving.
- Some people like to layer the ingredients, instead of mixing in a bowl. I like it all mixed so the flavors marry. Use your preference!
Source: Just A Pinch
Share It To Your Friends!