- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 quarts water
- 8-10 bouillon cubes
- 1 quart water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 lb farfalle noodles
- 1/2 cup reserved chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper each
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 6 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- Place rinsed chicken and 8-10 bouillon cubes in a large pot and cover with 2 quarts of water. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for 20 mins until chicken is done. Remove chicken to a cutting board and let sit until cool enough to handle, then cut into bite sized pieces. Strain the broth and save 1/2 cup. Keep the rest of the broth in the fridge (up to 1 week) or freezer for later use (great for making rice!).
- Boil farfalle noodles with at least 1 quart of water in a large pot with 1 tablespoon salt for 11 mins (or according to pkg instructions).
- In a small saucepan, heat the 1/2 cup reserved chicken broth and 3 tablespoon butter over medium heat until the butter is melted. Add 1 cup half and half, 1 clove minced garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each. Stir to combine, then slowly whisk in the 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Let simmer, whisking occasionally.
- Slice bell peppers into matchsticks. Melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium high heat, then saute bell peppers for about 5-6 mins. Add in chopped chicken and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine flavors. Turn heat down to low and pour the cream sauce over the chicken and bell peppers. Stir to combine- let simmer.
- Chop the basil, drain and plate the noodles, then toss with the chicken, bell peppers and sweet alfredo sauce. Top with basil.
Source: Kevin & Amanda
Share It To Your Friends!