- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 6 skin on bone in chicken thighs, patted dry
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4-5 large button mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked Jasmine rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs well with garlic powder, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.
- Place skin side down into the HOT Dutch oven and cook undisturbed for 4-5 minutes or until the skin is golden brown, flip over and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the Dutch oven and place on a plate with a loose tin foil tent.
- Add the butter to the now empty Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, for 2-3 minutes, or until golden.
- Add the shallots and cook, stirring often for 1 minute.
- Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add the rice to the pan and cook, stirring often, for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, water, broccoli; mix well and season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.
- Nestle the chicken thighs back into the Dutch oven skin side up.
- Place a lid on the Dutch oven and put into the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is done.
- Remove the lid and allow to cook for another 5 minutes to crisp up the skin.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley on top. Serve and enjoy.
Source: For The love Of Cooking
Share It To Your Friends!