- 1/2 kg chicken pieces, skinless or with skin
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cm ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 12 black peppercorns
- 3 cm cinnamon stick, broken into smaller pieces
- 5 cloves
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 10 curry leaves (optional)
- 2 green chillies, chopped (cut lengthwise and remove seeds for a milder version)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Heat some oil in a pot with a thick bottom and first fry the onion until it becomes soft. Don't let it brown, reduce the flame if it starts burning.
- Next, add the ginger and fry for another moment.
- Add cinnamon, black peppercorns, cloves and curry leaves and fry them only until they release the aroma (one minute or so). Don't worry if you cannot get curry leaves, just omit them.
- Add the potatoes and chicken pieces, keep frying for a couple of minutes.
- Mix half of coconut milk with 1/2 cup of water, pour over the chicken and bring it to a boil.
- Add green chillies (optional) and salt to taste, cover the pot, reduce the flame and cook till the potatoes and chicken are done (10-15 minutes depending on the size of the pieces).
- Once it's cooked, mix in the remaining half of coconut milk and remove the pot from the flame.
Source: Half Hour Meals
Share It To Your Friends!