- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 cups chicken breast*, cubed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) package long grain wild rice with seasoning packet
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- Add oil to a large stockpot, and heat on high until hot. Turn down to medium-high and add onions, carrots and celery. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, salt and pepper and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add wild rice with seasonings (from seasoning packet) and chicken broth. Turn down to medium and cook 25 minutes until both rice and chicken are cooked throughout.
Source: Inspiration Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!