- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Medium Green Pepper, diced
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 & 1/4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 (4 oz.) Jar Diced Pimentos
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas, thawed
- 1 Cup Button Mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Biscuits (I used Grand Biscuits from the dairy case or you can bake your own from scratch)
- Bake Biscuits according to package directions. While they are baking you can prepare the Chicken Ala King. Of course if you are really ambitious, and have the time, you can make Biscuits from scratch prior to making this dish.
- Sprinkle the Montreal Chicken Seasoning over the Chicken pieces. Drizzle the Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the Chicken and cook until done, then remove the Chicken pieces and set aside.
- Reduce the heat under your skillet to low. Add the Butter to the skillet and once the butter has melted, add the Onions and Green Pepper and increase the heat to medium. Cook until tender. Next add in the Mushrooms. The Mushrooms will cook quickly so stir often.
- Next stir in the Flour to the Veggie mixture.
- Slowly stir in the Chicken Broth and the Heavy Cream, stirring constantly. Sprinkle in the Garlic Powder and give several turns of the pepper mill over all. Continue to cook over medium heat until the Sauce is thick.
- Add the Chicken back into the Sauce, continue to stir and heat to boiling. Cover reduce the heat to low and let the Sauce simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the Pimentos and Peas then give the pepper mill another work out and add a bit more Black Pepper. Stir well for 1-2 minutes to ensure the Pimentos and Peas are incorporated in the Sauce and then you are ready to serve!
- Slice your Biscuits in half then spoon the Chicken Ala King over the top.
- This is a great dish to serve on a cold day. I definitely satisfied my cravings!
- Fill your families tummies with this hearty meal!
Source: Hot Dish Homemaker
Share It To Your Friends!