- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (21 oz.) Can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 (15 1/4 oz.) Can Pineapple Chunks, drained
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 4 Stalks Green Onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 Teaspoons White Pepper
- 1 & 1/2 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- Cooked White Rice
- Add the Canola Oil to a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add in the Chicken, and sprinkle the Chicken with the White Pepper. We are going to now sauté the Chicken but don’t cook it all the way through. It will continue to cook in our sauce. Cook until all sides have turned white, we don’t want the outer portion to still be pink. You can see here in this picture the Chicken is starting to turn white on the outside and once all of the pieces have done so, we can start adding our other ingredients.
- Next we are going to add the Garlic and Cherry Pie Filling. Cover the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- You can see our Chicken is cooking down a bit more now. So let’s add in the Green Onion. Cook for 1-2 minutes with the lid on then we can add in the Sesame Oil, Chili Oil, Sesame Seeds and the Pineapple Chunks. Give everything a good stir and put the lid back on and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Our dish should be close to being done now. You are looking for the sauce to be thick and the Chicken will now actually look slightly pink in color….not because it is not done but because the Cherry filling will create a nice pink colored sauce. You can always check your Chicken with a meat thermometer if you are not sure if it is done. Look for a temp of around 180 degrees.
- Serve the Cherry Pineapple Chicken over White Rice. I like to use Sushi Rice but any White Rice will be fine.
Source: Hot Dish Homemaker
Share It To Your Friends!