- 1 (12 ounce) pkg. shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed (or 1½ cup fresh*)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ cup Colby jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup jalapeno white cheddar (or pepper jack), shredded
- ¼ cup onions, finely diced (microwaved in 1 tablespoon butter to soften)
- ½ cup ham, diced
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 and grease a 9 inch pie plate.
- Press fresh or thawed hash browns between paper towels to remove moisture and then press the hash browns into the bottom of the pie plate to make a crust. Brush the hash brown crust with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While baking, whisk together eggs, cream, and seasoned salt.
- Once crust is done cooking, turn oven temperature down to 350 degrees F and then layer on both cheeses, onions, and ham.
- Pour the egg mixture over all the layers and then sprinkle the top with nutmeg.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until knife comes out clean. Let it rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Source: Garnish & Glaze
Share It To Your Friends!