- 6 cups tuwalya ng baka (tripe), sliced into 2" lengths
- 1 1/2 cups buntot ng baka (oxtail), deboned and cut into 2" lengths water for boiling beef
- 3 tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 1 pcs. onion, minced
- 1 can beef vienna sausage, cut crosswise into 1/4" pieces
- 1 pcs. chorizo de bilbao, sliced diagonally (optional)
- 4 tsp. tomato paste
- 1 pcs. green bell pepper, diced
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1 pouch Mama Sita's Caldereta (Spicy Sauce) Mix
- 2 tsp. Mama Sita's Achuete (Annatto) Powder, dissolved in:
- 1 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. cheese, grated
- Boil tripe and oxtail in 2 liters of water until tender, leaving about 3 cups broth. Heat oil in sauce pot and sauté garlic and onion. Add sausage, chorizo and meat. Stir.
- Add the broth and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Add the vegetables and simmer. Add the Mama Sita's Caldereta (Spicy Sauce) Mix and Mama Sita's Achuete (Annatto) Powder. Stir.
- Add grated cheese and simmer until vegetables are done.
Source: Lutong Bahay
Share It To Your Friends!