- 2 c malagkit (glutinous) rice
- 1 c very thick coconut milk
- 1 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 c very thick coconut milk (for making latik)
- banana leaves
- Cook malagkit rice. Set aside
- In a large pan, boil the thick coconut milk and sugar. Add the cooked rice little by little, while mixing well. Remove from heat.
- Spread wilted banana leaves on a bilao or tray. Put rice mixture.Spread evenly. Serve with latik on top.
- To make latik, boil thick coconut milk until oil separates and the cream turns into brown, fragrant and crispy latik.
Source: Nona Lema
Share It To Your Friends!