- 500g Beef mince
- 60g breadcrumbs (I use a wholemeal roll and put it into the blender)
- 1 egg
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 250g chestnut mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 100g ricotta
- 180ml red wine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200ml beef stock
- your hands, kneed together the beef mince, egg and breadcrumbs – add some salt and pepper to season
- Roll up the mix into individual meatballs, approximately 1/1-5 inches in diameter. Leave on the side whilst you move onto the sauce
- Put 1 tbsp olive oil in a deep pan and fry the onion and garlic until golden
- Add the mushrooms and fry for a couple of minutes
- Add the wine and leave for a couple of minutes
- Add the beef stock and bring to the boil
- Add the meatballs (I never fry my meatballs beforehand, as some recipes suggest. This keeps them moist)
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 30-45 mins. If it gets too dry too soon, feel free to add a little water.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add the ricotta and stir through the rest of the sauce.
- Take off the heat and serve with some fresh salad
Source: Cooks Cook
Share It To Your Friends!