- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 medium-sized carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 small red bell peppers, sliced into cubes
- 4 medium-sized potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups fine bread crumbs
- 1 kilo beef brisket, cut into chunks
- 2 80-gram packs Del Monte Quick N Easy Caldereta Sauce
- 1 can Reno Liver Spread
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 5-6 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the beef using running water. In a pressure cooker with water (just enough to submerge the meat) and a dash of salt, cook the meat for 45 minutes. Be sure to start your timer when the sound of the pressure cooker starts.
- Prepare the other ingredients while the meat cooks. Wash the vegetables and cut according to the sizes in the Ingredients section above.
- After 45 minutes, remove the pressure cooker from heat and drain the meat, making sure to keep the stock in a separate container.
- Now we're ready to cook the Caldereta! :) Using the pressure cooker that we used earlier, pour in cooking oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic until golden brown. Add in the onions and cook until they become translucent then add in the bell peppers shortly after.
- Stir in the carrots and then add the meat next.
- Pour in the soy sauce, pepper, sugar, liver spread, butter, and caldereta mix shortly after.
- Stir everything until well incorporated and pour in the stock that we set aside earlier.
- Bring to a boil and add in the bread crumbs. Add in salt to taste. Note that sugar may be reduced or increased depending on your desired sweetness. :)
- Add the potatoes last, cover, and simmer until the potatoes are cooked or until the sauce is reduced.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a clean serving bowl. Serve and enjoy! Served with steamed rice, I'm sure this hearty and spicy dish will also be your family's favorite! :)
Source: Sweet Nothings
Share It To Your Friends!