- 4medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cupall-purpose flour
- 3large eggs
- 3 cupsPanko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoonsesame oil
- 2 teaspoonsolive oil
- 1 Tablespoonminced garlic
- 1 teaspoongrated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cuphoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 cupsorange marmalade
- 2 Tablespoonslow sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspooncrushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Make the chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and grease it with cooking spray.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces.
- Add the flour to a sealable plastic bag then add the chicken and seal the bag. Shake the bag until the chicken is coated all over.
- Add the eggs to a shallow dish and whisk them until combined. Add the breadcrumbs to a second shallow dish. Remove each piece of chicken from the bag, shake off any excess flour, then dip it in the eggs then breadcrumbs and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the coating process with all of the chicken pieces and arrange them in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken pieces for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping them once halfway through, until they are golden brown and fully cooked. While chicken bakes, make the sauce.
Make the sauce:
- Add the sesame oil and olive oil to a small saucepot set over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes until golden brown. Add the hoisin sauce, orange marmalade, soy sauce and crushed red pepper flakes (optional), and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the oven and transfer them to a large bowl. Add the sauce to the bowl and toss until combined. Serve immediately.
Source: Just A Taste
Share It To Your Friends!