- 2 pounds corned beef
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 5 tablespoons dijon mustard (smooth)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove the corned beef from the package, discarding the spice packet. Place the corned beef fat side up in a roasting pan on top of a roasting rack. Add about 1-inch of water to the bottom of the pan; this will prevent the juices from burning while cooking.
- Combine the whole grain mustard, Dijon mustard, and honey. Evenly spread 3 tablespoons (about half) of the mustard mixture on top of the meat. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar over the top of the roast. Loosely cover the meat and pan completely with foil.
- Bake the corned beef 75 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 145 degrees F. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and transfer the corned beef to a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Preheat oven to broil. Top the corned beef with the remaining mustard mixture, then sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Cook the meat until the top becomes slightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Remove the from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice the meat against the grain.
Source: Jessica Gavin
Share It To Your Friends!