- 3 kg beef short ribs cut into 5cm lengths
- brine (6 tablespoons salt dissolved in 1 litre of water)
- 1 bunch flat leaved parsley, stems removed
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- Firstly, the night before you cook prepare the Chimichurri.
- Combine ingredients and puree them in a blender or food processor. This should make approximately 2 cups of Chimicurri. Set aside 1 cup to serve with the cooked ribs, and use the remaining cut to marinate the ribs. Make sure they are well covered and refrigerate overnight.
- When you are about to cook, take the ribs out of the refrigerator and season them with black pepper, and let them reach room temperature while you prepare your kettle BBQ with Heat Beads®BBQ Briquettes.
- When the coals are ready, place the ribs on the hottest part of the grill and sear them on one side until they are nicely browned. Turn and baste the ribs with the brine and grill until the other side is browned too. Then move the ribs to a cooler part of the grill and continue to turn and baste the ribs frequently until they are done. This should take between and 16-20 minutes.
- Serve the grilled ribs with the reserved chimichurri sauce, a green salad, and a hearty red wine.
Source: Heat Beads
Share It To Your Friends!