- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 boneless, skinless, chicken thighs (about 2 pounds total)
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 6 slices
- 2 medium tomatoes on the vine, sliced
- fresh basil, cut into thin strips
- salt and fresh black pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring balsamic vinegar to a simmer over medium-low heat. Reduce heat to low or as needed and simmer partially covered for 20-23 minutes, until vinegar has reduced to a thicken glaze. Remove from heat.
- While the vinegar is simmering, prepare the chicken. Lightly pat dry the chicken thighs with paper towel. Season both sides with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. When butter begins to sizzle, add chicken to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until the chicken is nearly cooked through.
- Top each chicken thigh with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Cover pan with lid, return to heat and allow to cook 1-2 minutes longer until the cheese has slightly melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat, top each thigh with slice of fresh tomato and sprinkle with fresh basil. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve immediately.
Source: Little Broken
Share It To Your Friends!