For the meatloaf:
- 2 pounds ground beef 85-90% lean
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs (I used Progresso Italian Style)
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup classic yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a casserole dish large enough to hold the meatloaf and the sauce (about 4 quarts).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the meatloaf. Form into a fairly tight loaf and place in the center of the casserole dish . Place the uncovered meatloaf in the oven while preparing the sauce.
- In the same bowl used to mix the meatloaf, combine all the sauce ingredients. Whisk to combine. Carefully pour the sauce over the top of the meatloaf in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours (do not cover.)
- Allow the meatloaf to rest 15 minutes before serving. Great served with mashed potatoes!
Source: Saving Dessert
Share It To Your Friends!