Sugpo Sa Aligue At Gata (Prawns In Crab Fat And Coconut Milk) Recipe
- 500-600 grams prawns or shrimp, whiskers trimmed but otherwise unpeeled
- A couple of glugs canola oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemongrass, white parts only (save the green parts for stuffing a roast chicken)
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2-3 siling mahaba (green finger chilis), sliced
- 3/4 – 1 cup aligue (crab fat)
- 250 ml or 1 cup coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoon fish sauce (to taste)
- The juice of half a lemon or 2-3 kalamansi
- Heat oil in a wok or skillet or pot that is big enough to accommodate all your prawns (in either 1 or 2 layers, no more than that). When the oil is hot add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass, and onion. Sautee until onion is soft and translucent.
- When onion is soft add the chilis and aligue. Cook, stirring often, until the aligue softens and oil separates.
- Add the coconut milk and continue to cook until it all melds together. Add fish sauce and lemon/kalamansi juice to taste.
- Lay the prawns in the pan; give it a shake to coat with sauce, cover, and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Check your prawns and remove from the heat as soon as they are all bright orange.
Source: 80 Breakfast
Sugpo Sa Aligue At Gata (Prawns In Crab Fat And Coconut Milk) Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Thursday, May 04, 2017 Rating: