- 500 grams mussels
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 chilli padi deseeded and sliced finely; to taste
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 slices ginger
- 1/4 cup Shaoxing wine
- 1/4 cup water
- coriander roughly chopped or torn, to garnish
- To prep the mussels, scrub them with a hard bristles brush. Pull out the "beards", if any. Discard shells which are broken or chip. Soak the mussels in salt water for about 30 minutes for any sand or grit to be purged out.
- Heat oil in wok. Stir fry chilli, shallot, garlic, ginger until fragrant.
- Add cleaned mussels, Shaoxing wine and water. Stir to coat mussels evenly, cover with lid and simmer for 5 minutes. Discard any shells that remain closed. Garnish with coriander and serve with rice.
Source: Noob Cook
Share It To Your Friends!