- 8-10 cut size chicken with bones
- 2-3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 3 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (silver swan)
- 1/4 cup vinegar (datu puti)
- 1/2 tsp pepper corn
- 1tbsp brown sugar (this will really incorporate the flavor altogether)
- 1/2 tsp paprika (spice i add)
- 1 banana or plantain (cut to your own desire)
- 1tbsp patis or fish sauce
- 1cup fat free chicken broth or a cup of water
- half size of green bell pepper
- 1tsp cornstarch (for sauce thickening)
- In a deep pot, Sauteed garlic and onion till fragrance arose.
- Add the cut chicken and stir simmer for 5minutes.
- Pour broth, soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaf, pepper corn, patis, paprika and brown sugar. Simmer and allow to boil for 20 minutes in a medium heat. If sauce is less you can just add half cup water.
- Add the plantain and green bell pepper and cook another 10 minutes or until
- the banana cooked. Add cornstarch for thicken sauce. Remove bay leaf and serve hot with rice.
- Enjoy Cooking!
Source: Simply Filipina
Share It To Your Friends!