- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peel and deveined, but with tail on.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + 1 tbsp tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup white onions, chopped
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup asparagus (the spears should be cut at a diagonal in 2-3 inch pieces)
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnishing
- In a small bowl, add all the spices (onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and black pepper) and mix together to combine.
- In a large bowl, add shrimp and the spice mixture. Mix everything well to combine.
- In a cast iron skillet, add the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and cook for about 1-2 minutes each side or until they are pink. Set them aside
- In the same skillet, add 1-tablespoon olive oil, onions and red bell pepper.
- Cook for about 4 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add chicken broth and asparagus. Put the lid on the skillet and cook for only 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add zucchini, put the lid on the skillet and cook for more 3 minutes.
- Bring shrimp back to the skillet.
- Cook for 30 seconds or 1 minute.
- Garnish with parsley and serve over quinoa or rice. I cooked 1 cup of rice.
- MEAL PREPPING: Place an even amount of rice into 4 different plastic/glass containers. Divide the shrimp vegetable skillet recipe in 4 portions. Cover with the lid and place in the fridge for up 4 days. Heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
Share It To Your Friends!