Pork With Tomatoes Recipe
- 1 1/2 kg pork shoulder or belly, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 whole garlic bulb, minced
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 6 – 7 medium-sized tomatoes, quartered
- 2 – 4 tablespoons soy sauce/liquid seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a large pan/wok, add pork cubes and water. Generously sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat, allow to simmer and bring to a boil. Cover and allow to cook for 10 – 15 minutes or until pork is tender. Add more water is necessary if pork is still not tender.
- When the pork is cooked and the liquid evaporates completely, the pork’s fat will render. Toast the pork in its own fat, stirring frequently until lightly browned, around 3 minutes.
- Push the pork to the side of the pan and add the garlic and onions into the cleared space. Toast the garlic and onions for 30 seconds. Afterwards, stir to incorporate it with the pork.
- Add the tomatoes, soy sauce/liquid seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix everything together and cook until tomatoes soften and go limp.
- When done, remove from heat and serve with rice. Enjoy!
Source: The Hungry Giant
Pork With Tomatoes Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Friday, May 05, 2017 Rating: