Pork Belly BBQ Recipe
- 3 slabs 1-inch thick pork belly
- 4 pcs. calamansi, halved
- ½ cup good quality light soy sauce
- ½ tsp. brown sugar
- 4-5 cloves garlic, smashed then chopped roughly
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Marinate. Season pork belly on both sides with fresh-cracked black pepper and salt. Smash the cloves of garlic with the broadside of a knife, then peel away the skin. Rub the smashed garlic liberally onto the pork belly. Lay pork belly flat in a square dish and pat down. In a small bowl, mix juice of 4 calamansi, brown sugar, and light soy sauce. Pour mixture over the pork belly, making sure all surfaces are coated. Let stand for at least an hour, turning pork pieces over to marinate evenly.
- Grill away. Best to use a charcoal grill, as this lends a smoky taste to the meat. Grill 2-3 inches off the coals, being careful not to burn the pork belly in those fat-fueled flare ups. Baste a few times with the remaining marinade. When the bellies are brown on one side, turn over and keep grilling until done. Transfer the bellies to a chopping block and do some quick cuts. I like to separate the ribs and keep them whole, for better munching. Serve immediately.
Source: Run Away Spoon
Pork Belly BBQ Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Monday, May 08, 2017 Rating: