- 3 pound pork belly, cut into chunks
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 head of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon patis (fish sauce)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 3 pieces laurel leaves
- 1 teaspoon coarse pepper
- 1 teaspoon fine pepper
- Sauté garlic and onion in hot oil until onion is transparent.
- Combine pork belly, salt, coarse pepper, fine pepper, and patis and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, laurel leaves, and water, then bring to a boil.
- Covering the pot, cook for 10 minutes, then simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Source: Positively Filipino
Share It To Your Friends!