- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs (fat trimmed)
- ⅔ cups dry cooking sherry (found in most well stocked grocery stores)
- ½ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 20 oz. can pineapple rings in 100% juice, plus ⅔ cups of the juice reserved
- 1½ tsp arrowroot starch/flour (found in most well stocked grocery stores)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sherry, soy sauce, coconut sugar, and pineapple juice until well combined and sugar has dissolved.
- Transfer 1 cup of the mixture to a small bowl and set aside for glazing.
- In the large bowl containing the remaining mixture, add the chicken, flipping to coat as much as possible.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, flipping chicken half way through.
- In the meantime, begin to prepare glaze by making a slurry with the arrowroot; mix 1½ tsp of the flour with 3 tsp of cold water. (Do not use room temperature or warm water)
- Over medium heat, bring the reserved mixture to a strong simmer.
- Slightly lower heat, and whisk in the arrowroot mixture. Continue to simmer and whisk slowly for 1 minute, remove from heat and set aside. (Don't over stir or over cook arrowroot because it can begin to break down)
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat.
- Grill the chicken and pineapple until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- When done, move to a serving dish, brush with glaze and serve.
Source: No Goji's No Glory
Share It To Your Friends!