Patatim (Pork Leg Braised In Soy Sauce And Vinegar) Recipe
- Pork Butt or Pork Leg
- green onions
- 3/4 c soy sauce
- 3/4 c vinegar
- 3-4 pieces of star anise
- 3/4 c brown or white sugar
- 4-5 cups of water (you may add more if the pork in not yet tender)
- bok-choy for garnishing
- Rub the green onions onto the pork butt. Heat 2 tbsps of cooking oil on a skillet. Brown all sides of the pork. Set aside.
- Caramelize sugar in another pot. Add all the ingredients except the bok choy. Let it boil. Put the pork butt in. Reduce heat when the pot is boiling and cook until the meat is tender. It usually takes 2-3 hours before the meat is tender and for it to have the melt-in-your mouth softness.
- Stir fry the Bok-choy and use it to garnish the Pata-tim. Have a cup of steamed white rice and you are ready to enjoy the melt-in-your mouth goodness of Pata-Tim
Source:Skip To Malou
Patatim (Pork Leg Braised In Soy Sauce And Vinegar) Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Friday, May 19, 2017 Rating: