Patatas Bravas Recipe
For the duck fat roasted potatoes:
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled if desired, chopped into bite-size chunks
- ¼ cup duck fat
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sherry or white wine vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons bittersweet smoked paprika
- Cayenne, to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic paste (or 1 small garlic clove, grated)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Put the potatoes in a large microwaveable bowl with ½ cup water and cover with parchment paper. Microwave for 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes and rinse them with cold water until they no longer feel warm to the touch and pat them dry.
- While the potatoes are in the microwave, put the duck fat on a large, rimmed baking sheet and place it in the oven for about five minutes to warm up.
- Carefully add the potatoes to the hot baking sheet and mix with a spatula to coat them with the duck fat. Roast for 30 minutes, then flip the potatoes and raise the oven temperature to 450°F. Roast for 15-25 more minutes, or until the potatoes are a rich golden brown on the outside but tender and fluffy on the inside. Drain the potatoes on paper towels and sprinkle them liberally with sea salt.
- While the potatoes are roasting, prepare the sauces. To make the salsa brava, heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the remaining ingredients and cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- To make the allioli, whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Serve the potatoes hot topped with dollops of both sauces and a sprinkling of fresh herbs.
Source: A Calculated Whisk
Patatas Bravas Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Thursday, May 04, 2017 Rating: