- Sothanghon (cellophane / starch noodles) - 250g
- Left over roasted pork, sliced into small bites
- Left over roasted chicken, shredded - 1 cup or whatever you got
- Squid, boiled, drained, and sliced - 100 grams
- Snow Peas, julienned - 100 grams
- Carrots, julienned - 100 grams
- Bell pepper, julienned - 1 large
- Shitake mushroom, dehydrated - 2 handfuls
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp or as desired
- Onion, diced - 1 large
- Garlic, chopped - 6 cloves
- Green Onion leaves (white and green part) - 3 stems
- Patis (Fish sauce) - 6 tbsp
- Low Sodium Salt- to taste
- Knorr Chicken Bouillon - 2 cubes
- Water - 2 1/2 to 3 cups - depending on the noodles you are using
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
- Vegetable Oil - 6 tbsp
- Atsuete seeds - 2 tbsp
- Read instruction of the sotanghon you will be using and follow the cooking directions. Since the brand I used has an undecipherable instructions, I just rinsed then soaked the noodles in water for 30 minutes. Drain the noodles and set aside
- Make the atsuete oil. Place the oil and the atsuete seeds in a small pan and heat it, stir until the oil simmers and its color turns to orange. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a pan and pan fry the lechong kawali until crispy.Remove the lechong kawali from the pan and set aside.
- Pour the atuete oil in a wok then saute the garlic, onions, white part of the green onion leaves, and celery in it until aromatic.
- Throw in the shitake mushroom and stir fry for about 3 minutes then add in the chicken, bell pepper, carrots, and snow peas. Sprinkle the black pepper powder on the veggies and chicken. Stir-fry for about a minute
- Pour the water on the veggies along with the fish sauce and Knorr Chicken Bouillon. Let it simmer until the vegetables soften. Remove the vegetables and chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add in the sotanghon noodles stirring continuously to loosen the noodles. Add more water as needed. Adjust taste by adding low sodium salt as needed.
- Once the noodles are cooked through, turn of the fire and stir in the cooked veggies, squids, and chicken.
- When serving, arrange the noodles on a serving dish then top it with the roasted pork and chopped green onion leaves. Serve with lime on the sides.
Source: My Fresha-licious
Share It To Your Friends!